Static Websites:• Initial Cost is Higher
Dynamic Websites:• Initial Cost is Lower ★
1. Initial Cost is higher with a static website. A dynamic site generally uses a pre-made CMS(Wordpress, Joomla, i.e.).
2. Continual Cost is higher with a dynamic site. Security, updates, database oversight, blog review, among others, need much time and money. A static site has very little ongoing tasks to perform.
3. Final Costs are higher with a dynamic website. A dynamic site requires security monitoring and CMS updates. This can be manifested in monthly charges. A static site needs none of this.
4. Customer Interactivity on a static website is very low, other than the clicking of links and images, and the filling out of a Contact Page form. A dynamic site has endless customer input and response; or interactivity. Blogging, login, ecommerce, interactive maps, databases, and a host of other activities are possible.
5. Website security is easily attainable on a static website as only a small few tasks need to be performed. A dynamic site requires a long list of tasks to be performed and ongoing updates and reviews.
6. Dynamic website speed is slower due to the sloppiness of the CMS's methods. CMS systems do not create clean code. These code-heavy pages take a long time to load on your customer's computers; especially on their phones. I've seen a 12 times longer load for a CMS page as to its html equivalent. That's 4/10 second vs. 5 seconds. Google now requires speed for its SEO(ranking) algorithm.
7. Web presence using both methods is great. Static and Dynamic websites display equally and each will showcase your pages in a spectacular manner.
8. Search Engine Optimization(SEO) can be attained equally with either method.
9. Detailed editing by a webmaster is easier in Static html coding. Dynamic sites that use a CMS make editing harder due to its architecture.
10. Detailed editing by the customer is easier in a CMS system. Html coding is just that, complex coding. A CMS uses icons(wysiwyg) and other easy methodology to allow editting by a novice.